Monday, July 19, 2010

Day +25

Hey everyone!
Our computer broke! I'm having to use the community PICU computer. I haven't seen a keyboard like this in 15 years! Anyway, I hate to have a picture-less post, but that's what it will be today. Daylon is doing pretty well. He's on his 4th day of dialysis and they've taken off almost 5 lbs. Unfortunately, over the last 24 hours he's retained a full kg (2.2lbs). His tummy is pretty tight. His breathing has been all over the place and up until about 12 hours ago, he was on 100% oxygen. On Sat. he was actually on 100% oxygen with sats. in the 80s. His breathing has been really labored but his x-rays look the same and the blood test show that his blood gases are good. It's a mystery. It could be a fluke thing (pray for that!) or a problem with his lung circulation. The latter will involve so much stuff, I'm not allowing myself to process it. His skin is looking decent...better than I expected. His liver ultrasound was moved to Wed. so we'll know about the current status of his VOD then. Good news is: no fever, great pulse, decent blood pressure, good cell count and his bilirubin is 2.4!! Yay! Things will get better. I have faith. Please keep your prayers coming! I'll try to post tomorrow at the Ronald McDonald house with pictures! Happy thoughts! PS- Thank you all for your comments. They've meant a lot to us and I realized a few moments ago when I was reading them that I never thank everyone...Thank you!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't allow yourself to process ANY of the bad stuff the drs or nurses say! :) Stay positive!

He's doing so great! In the pictures from a few days ago his skin looked amazing! SUCH A STRONG GOOD LOOKING LITTLE BOY! Not a day goes by that I don't think of your little precious boy. Praying for Daylon always! ;)

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the post! I am in prayer for your sweet boy and look forward to getting updates. Know that you are not alone...that we are praying and lifting you up every second of the day.
Kathryn
KC, MO

The McLaughlins said...

WOW...GREAT NEWS!! Stay strong and positive. What an awesome mom you are. Thank you for your post! Prayers for sweet Daylon and your whole family.

Take care,

Amber

Anonymous said...

Don't claim that VOD as "his VOD" Daylon doesn't have VOD in the name of Jesus!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and for Daylon!

Amy

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Yay, so glad to hear the great news. We'll be thinking of you guys on Wed for good results.

John Brown said...

Hello Edlings! This is John Brown from Corona fire department back home. Just wanted to let you know that your Corona Fire family has Daylon and your family in it's thoughts and prayers. I have personally been constantly asked how everything is going, and been glad to report the good news when I read it. I have been checking in on the blog as often as I have time. Please know that Corona Fire is happy to support you're family where we can. Feel free to e-mail me @ Loom_up@msn.com if there is anything you think we can help you with.
- John Brown

Annalien said...

Keeping the faith along with you! I pray for you and Daylon everyday! I pray specifically that his liver and kidneys will heal quickly. God bless!

Carla and Matilde said...

Such good news!! Keep positive and confident!!

Keeping Daylon and your family in our prayers,
Carla and Matilde

Linda said...

Hi Jen:
Thanks for the update. Your Daylon is always in our prayers. Please remember your EB prayer warriors are out here behind your family 100% with lots of prayers, love, hugs, good wishes, but most importantly lots and lots of prayers for your precious son. Take care and God Bless. Love Leah's Nana

Cheryl said...

Sorry your computer is broken. Too bad the computer fairy can't just drop a new one off. :o)

BRIAN AND BROOKE said...

Pray from his breathing to get better!!! Glad to hear some good as well:) Sorry to hear about the comp!!!!! Thats the worste.